Tuesday, April 20

Steps to Deliberative Democracy. Bookmark Opinion Duel. It is a joint project between The New Republic and National Review- and if it continues on, will be a great pleasure to read. The two editors write out their views, then debate via posts. The topic currently is pre-war Iraqi intelligence.
Here are Chait's opening remarks:
I'm genuinely excited to be taking part in this project. I've long believed that our political discourse needs more places where liberals and conservatives can engage each other without merely preaching to the choir. We've found a perfect partner in the staff of National Review -- by far the smartest, most honest, best-written conservative magazine published today. (Trust me, that's not just a sop--my colleagues can attest I've been saying that around the office for a while.)