Monday, October 11

wash yer brains

Amazing. I just returned to my home away in SD. Looks like I missed this little piece of the bizarre. Republican readers, please ease my mind and confirm my sense of your good judgements--and tell me you think this Sinclair business is ridiculous. Apply the old test, swap the candidates. If this were an anti-Bush piece aired by a major license holder, I would be duly troubled at the appearance of true liberal bias.

As it turns out, I find the old myth of liberal bias in the media quite squashed. Thank you, Sinclair, for putting to bed that beast.

Further, a little pre-thinking: this will be good for Kerry. Sinclair's move in airing this propaganda is so blatantly Rovian, I think it will really push voters the other way. The other networks will furl their eyebrows, and the whole thing will be the republican version of (the republican conceived public perception of) Wellstone's memorial service.

More, as I learn more about this. Just now got to my computer.