Saturday, April 24

Did Kristof and Atrios plan to write these post/articles on the same day?
Obviously, Kristof comes off as the fair one, and Atrios the bitter. But atrios is being honest, we can give him that. Kristof raises, I think, a meek point, albeit reflection serving: liberal means open. We all (we being the people reading this blog) know that too many college kids think they're 'liberal' when in fact their minds are closed to everything with which they disagree.
But, while I disagree with plenty of Atrios' assumptions- his post makes me think there is something other than who's really the open minded crowd. Beyond all that, I think there is a sociological and perhaps theological issue that he scratches the surface to...which is:
When we identify ourselves with a group, are we compelled to think we're in the minority? Atrios obviously feels he's in a minority...while Kristoff wites that evangelicals feel they're in a minority. And I've heard on good athority that devoutly religious people feel, too, to be in the minoriy...in a world of secularism. And each person will, I'm taking a wild guess, simply say the other is wrong in their thinking.
I'm lost- and tend to change my mind with each encounter. Luckily, my point isn;t to reach a conclusion of who's right...only to wonder aloud what's up with that?